MPs pledge to ensure the protection of healthcare workers throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
More than 620 UK health and social care workers have died as a consequence of COVID-19. We have asked MPs to come together and take immediate action to protect frontline workers and the services they deliver to the public. Over 42,000 lives have already been lost in the UK. As we approach winter, we must act to safeguard the lives of our healthcare workers, so that they can continue caring for the public.
New, ring-fenced funding should be allocated from central government sources to achieve these aims.
As a UK parliamentarian, I pledge to support EveryDoctor in achieving the following:
- Priority access to testing for health and social care workers and their household members, within 24 hours of onset of symptoms.
- PPE for all health and social care workers in line with World Health Organisation standards.
- A fair death-in-service package for all bereaved families of health and social care workers who have tragically died of COVID-19 in the line of their work.
- Fair sick and isolation pay arrangements for all health and social care workers, including temporary and locum staff.
- Provision of accommodation for health and social care workers living with vulnerable people.
Below are the MPs who have agreed to support us as we work towards these goals:
Debbie Abrahams MP (Labour)
Oldham East and Saddleworth
Mike Amesbury MP (Labour)
Tonia Antoniazzi MP (Labour)
Clive Betts MP (Labour)
Sheffield South East
Alan Campbell MP (Labour)
Christopher Chope MP (Conservative)
Daisy Cooper MP (Liberal Democrat)
Rosie Cooper MP (Labour)
Stella Creasy MP (Labour/Co-operative)
Peter Dowd MP (Labour)
Jonathan Edwards MP (Plaid Cymru)
Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
Tim Farron MP (Liberal Democrat)
Westmorland and Lonsdale
Mary Foy MP (Labour)
City of Durham
Kate Green MP (Labour)
Stretford and Urmston
Claire Hanna MP (Social Democratic and Labour Party)
Wera Hobhouse MP (Liberal Democrat)
George Howarth MP (Labour)
Ben Lake MP (Plaid)
Ian Lavery MP (Labour)
Clive Lewis MP (Labour)
Caroline Lucas MP (Green)
Siobhain McDonagh MP (Labour)
Mitcham and Morden
Layla Moran MP (Liberal Democrat)
Oxford West and Abingdon
Sarah Olney MP (Liberal Democrat)
Yasmin Qureshi MP (Labour)
Bolton South East
Bell Ribeiro-Addy MP (Labour)
Liz Saville-Roberts MP (Plaid Cymru)
Naseem Shah MP (Labour)
Virendra Sharma MP (Labour)
Cat Smith MP (Labour)
Lancaster and Fleetwood
Catherine West MP (Labour)
Hornsey and Wood Green
Mick Whitley MP (Labour)
Hywel Williams MP (Plaid Cymru)
William Wragg MP (Conservative)
Mohammad Yasin MP (Labour)